Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Break---Grown-up Style


SPRING BREAK is here!! I had my doubts, but I've made it to Friday. I didn't kill any students, I didn't kill my own kids, and I didn't kill myself. I had to hang on for dear life, but I'm here now. What are my big Spring Break plans? I don't have any. I want to sit down. If I'm lucky, I might get to lay down in the middle of the day. Isn't that crazy? My goal for my time off work is to get a nap. I HEART naps. Sometimes, I get up in the morning for work and I hope I can get a nap after school. BTW- it never works out. What happened to Spring Break at the beach with friends and parties and misbehaving? I'll tell you what happened. We all grew up. We fell in love and got married. We all had a house full of kids. We have jobs. We have responsibilities now. As I am typing this, I am thinking about my BFFs from school. We had so much fun and made so many memories. I'm making different kinds of memories now.




**You will not find me in this picture, but I do have some just like it!


Needless to say, this will not be me this Spring Break. I'm OK with that. I don't think I could hang anyway. I am perfectly content with hanging out with my boys and trying to get some things done around the house. Hopefully, we'll have a trip to the zoo, visit family in Missouri, and I'll get to have a date night with my hubby. I don't need no stinkin' beach party- I've got my own party animals and they are 8, 5, and 6 months old!!

2 comments:

  1. Party on, dude!

    I'll be hanging with my own party animals on the beach in Biloxi. We'll be back on Thursday, though. Maybe a zoo day next Friday???

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, this made me tear up. i miss how much fun we had on our trips down south. i still have a framed pic of the three of us standing, er, posing on the beach in our tanned (and tiny) bodies! just looked at the other day and threw up in my mouth!!! (wow, i am a fat-ass now! lol) i miss you. and love you. come see me when you're in MO.

    p.s. we're going to the zoo saturday...when are you all going?

    ReplyDelete