Friday, February 12, 2010

Once in a blue...poop?

Yep- that's right. My baby's poop was blue. It has only happened a couple of times, but I didn't know if it was normal. He has been on all formula for a few weeks and his poop has gone from green to dark green to really dark green and then it was like he ate a Smurf. It was BLUE! I googled it (of course) and I was glad to see that other babies have had blue poop too. I called the doctor just to make sure and she confirmed that blue poop is normal. Who knew that on my third kid I would discover something totally new and unexpected. Apparently, it is the iron in the formula. I just had to put this out there for everyone to read. I guess poop happens--even if it's BLUE! If you're curious about poop, visit this website. Someone really came up with a poop decoder. http://www.thefixchicks.com/2006/08/13/introducing-the-baby-poop-decoder/

No comments:

Post a Comment