Friday, January 15, 2010

Things to THANK about...





I know that Thanksgiving is long gone, but several things have happened lately that make me realize how thankful I am. I hear about some tragedy every day at school. Unless you work in the school system, you really have no idea what some of these kids go through in their personal lives. Many of these kids do without so much--money, love, guidance. Most recently, the news has been all about the people in Haiti. They have been struck with an earthquake that has devestated their country. Can you imagine trying to get through a castastrophe like that? I've been focused on losing weight and they are struggling to find clean water and food. The realm of misfortune and grief that many families face is something that I have had no experience with.


I thank God for all of the good things in my life. These are things that I should think about more often and not focus on the trivial. I really am blessed to have a great family. Many people live their lives with a lot less support and love than me. I have a great husband who loves me and his boys. His favorite thing to do is be with us. I have three healthy boys. They are compassionate and loving and funny. They have good little hearts and I can see that they are going to turn out to be awesome men one day. We could always use more money, but we have a house, clothes, food, and junk we could do without.


I can feel me getting sappy, but I just wanted to put things in perspective. Today, I will try to put my energy into being happy with my life the way it is, pray for those who are experiencing troubled times, and hope to continue this tomorrow. I'll do my best, but if I can't fit into my jeans, I may have to rant about that a little:)

No comments:

Post a Comment